Do you have a digital magic wand? Are you a wizard with electronic communications and social media? VMG is looking for a colleague to join the Office, with competencies to complement the skills of the current administrator. We are looking for a positive, enthusiastic individual with the ability to:
- Develop the VMG social platforms and post regular content to all of them.
- Develop the VMG website and ensure that content is up-to-date and feels fresh and interesting.
- Co-ordinate, proof-read and disseminate the VMG monthly e-zine; gathering articles from stakeholders and liaising with the designers on layout and tone.
- Co-ordinate and organise regular meetings across our 16 regions from Scotland to Kent! (no attendance requirement).
- Liaise with fellow Office worker to ensure that members receive excellent customer service across the range of VMG member benefits.
- Cover office telephone and email communications when fellow Office worker is on leave.
- Attend 3-day annual Congress which includes the VMG AGM.
It is envisaged that the role will take about 10 hours per week. The position is self-employed and almost entirely homeworking (excepting the annual Congress commitment).
It is essential that candidates have experience in a digital marketing and/or event management role. They will need to be flexible, self-motivated and disciplined. Responsive communications via telephone, email and digital app (‘Hangouts’ or similar) are very important, and all candidates will need to have their own transport.
Desirable features in a candidate will be veterinary industry experience and being resident in the East Midlands.
For further application information please email: email@example.com
Closing Date: 31st January 2019