Celtic Manor Resort, Newport, South Wales 24-26th January 2019
Registration is now open for VMG and SPVS members at your 2019 Congress. REGISTER HERE
Places and accommodation fill up quickly, so we advise you to book as early as possible. Take advantage of our exclusive members-only early–bird discount available until 31st October 2018!
Each year we present interesting and innovative CPD content from speakers both within and outside the veterinary profession. In 2019 the focus will be on recruitment, retention and strong leadership.
- Our Congress Opener, Kate Richardson-Walsh OBE who led the England and Great Britain Hockey Team for 13 years culminating in Gold at the 2016 Rio Olympics
- Two streams dedicated to recruitment and retention of the whole practice team
- Susan Room, professional voice and executive coach, builds confidence, listening and communication skills with her 4-stage model
- A brand-new Vet Stay! Stream, in association with Vets: Stay, Go, Diversify, explores options for developing fulfilling careers without leaving veterinary practice, alongside the ever popular New to Management Stream
- Caroline Clarke discussed new research around gender bias within the veterinary profession
- Nuala Summerfield presents the business case for telemedicine, analysing threats and opportunities for practices
- Emma Mamo from MIND shares experience from other sectors of managing mental health in the workplace
- A repeat of our focused Equine stream, plus a second run of the Large Animal Stream, including case studies from large animal owners and managers
- New for 2019: Practical Mindfulness in the Workplace with Sean Gilgallon, Citation